Wednesday, May 24, 2017

the flowering bridge

 For our sisters weekend in Charlotte, Tia, Heather and I had purchased round trip tickets, but Tabby had decided to drive instead, and have a personal road trip.  When it was time to head home, she found herself wanting a road trip partner, and asked if any of us would be willing to give up their flight.

ME ME ME!!!  I love the Tennessee/North Carolina scenery, and knew Tabby and I would have fun together.  Turns out, that day ended up being the highlight of the trip.

We stopped in several places, including Asheville, but this post is mostly dedicated to the place that made my heart beat fast.  In Lake Lure (where they filmed portions of Dirty Dancing),  is a community-supported Lake Lure Flowering Bridge.  This place is AMAZING.  My heart went wild.






 Completely full of gardens on either side of the bridge, and the beautiful water below....it's lush and fragrant and there are so many little places to stop and notice the details.




Once we got to Asheville, we puttered around for an hour or two, just so I could get an idea of the place, and of course it's a place I need to go back to for a weekend!  These mountain towns....they just grab hold of my and don't let go!

No comments: