August 1 is EARLY! I remember when we didn't start school until after Labor Day! But truthfully, it's too hot to enjoy playing outside, the pool has lost its wonder, and a summer of teenage eating has completely wrecked my food budget, so they might as well be back in class!
They were all actually ready to go back. I think we all missed the routine, and they missed their friends. Also, they all got teachers that they liked, which makes all the difference in the world.
So here they are: first day photos.....
It's taken a good two weeks to get them back on their sleep schedules, (since I threw it all out the window for the summer) but they're doing great. Alli will be in band with Ben this year playing the clarinet, as I did. I'm glad she's in band but of course you KNOW I'm not looking forward to the home practice. (Our neighbors are in for a real treat.)
There is no shortage of daily drama....Alli's crush has already been snatched by some HATEFUL girl that is doing it just to make her mad. I'm sure the plot will thicken as the year goes on. #jrhighdrama
We will endure. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment