Sunday, June 3, 2018

rainy day wedding, the estate at cherokee dock

Out of three weddings last weekend, amidst a forecast of rain, rain, rain, only one had to endure it, and it ended up producing the sweetest photos!



Trisha and Shane were married at The Estate at Cherokee Dock, in Lebanon (east of Nashville).  It's the former home of Reba McEntire, and is now offered as a wedding and event venue.  It's absolutely stunning - click on the link above to visit the website and see the photos!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to take the indoor tour, just the grounds.  But the entire estate is breathtaking, and you can book the property for the weekend and have all of your family and wedding party stay with you.

Anthony Toribio (former KC Chiefs player turned photographer) got such beautiful shots of Trisha and Shane and the Estate, (they did get breaks of sunshine!) I'm just going to let you enjoy scrolling through them....








 Trisha asked for an all white, classically rounded bouquet style.  I will admit that this style is probably the most challenging for me.  I am more likely to make something wild and free, with pieces that reach out of the bouquet.  But I enjoy working out of my comfort zone, because I think it helps me to grow as a designer.  The most important thing is that the bouquet reflects the bride's style and personality.








This might be my favorite shot.  I am a sucker for spiral staircase shots, and I love all the lines in this one.  I'm so happy they had a beautiful day in spite of the rain.

And I truly hope I can do another wedding here in the future, because I would love another opportunity to visit!

No comments: