Tuesday, September 29, 2009

mouse paint

I just love this book. There's no better way to teach primary and secondary colors than three little mice stomping in puddles of paint.


I grabbed a couple of jars that were in the recycling stash, and had the kids paint on some watered-down glue,


then add strips of red, blue, and yellow tissue paper, overlapping to make purple, green, and orange. Now if I could just find a little candle to put inside, that would be perfect.
If you're looking for fun ways to mix stories and art, check out stART at A Mommy's Adventures!

7 comments:

Jayna said...

Pretty pretty!

Susana said...

Love this book and love what you did for your project too. We did that four 4th of July crafts and it was really fun!

growing and learning by leaps and bounds said...

those turned out really pretty

Michelle said...

I was so upset that my library didn't have this book...it is on order from another library. I LOVE your project!!! Thanks for linking up:0)

Rebecca said...

What a cute craft! I love when you can use crafts for decorating :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We did Mouse Paint last week for StArt, but our project was mixing colored water. This one looks like a lot of fun too.

The girl who painted trees said...

I've heard such good things about this book but never read it. I used to do this project with my third graders (minus the book) and we put votive candles in the jars and used them as Mother's Day presents.